Roanoke, nestled in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia, is a perfect setting for the NPSA National Pea Shooting Championship.
Easily accessible for all, a national reputation for hosting great sporting events, a variety of accommodations available within close proximity to downtown, and a destination thousands of athletes and spectators love to visit.
Roanoke and the surrounding mountains are known and loved for a lot more qualities then the world famous Roanoke Star!
- The beautiful scenery
- The tremendous recreational opportunities in the surrounding mountains
- A vibrant and adventurous arts community
- Museums and galleries of every kind of artistic medium
- An internationally recognized performing arts culture with theatre, opera, concerts, symphony and ballet
- The Blue Ridge Parkway just minutes away
- A downtown that is thriving with markets, boutiques and restaurants from fine dining to the famous Texas Tavern
- Hiking and biking on the miles of greenways that follow the Roanoke River
- A live music scene of a quality comparable to much larger cities
But what really distinguishes Roanoke and what it’s rapidly becoming recognized for around the U.S., is its authenticity. Somehow Roanoke manages to encapsulate both sophistication and grittiness, warmth and friendliness with adventure and innovation.
Take for example the recent Inside Out 11M public art project- 100s of folks showed up to have their photo taken and their 35″ by 55″ portraits instantly pasted to cover a downtown building in Roanoke, creating a mosaic of faces that celebrate the USA’s diversity!
Roanoke is a city that refuses to become gentrified, refuses to be pigeon-holed and is now becoming famous for it’s one-of-kind small town/big city identity.
For more details on the wonders of Roanoke go to visitroanokeva.com.